New Hope High School uses an application and interview process to select for enrollment upper level high school students of Leander ISD, and it works from a waiting list of eligible applicants when necessary. Any Leander ISD high school junior or senior who meets the below criteria and is interested in applying to NHHS, should start this process as soon as possible.
- Are you currently attending one of Leander ISD's traditional high schools in your third year of high school or beyond? (If applying during the summer, have you completed at least three years of high school, and were you enrolled in Leander ISD at the end of last school year?)
- Have you been awarded at least 13 state credits toward graduation?
- Are you at least 16 years old and willing to be accountable for your excellent attendance, academic progress, and conduct?
- Have you demonstrated reading and math skills at a 9th grade level or higher, and are you capable of guided independent study in the general education curriculum?
- Do you have an academic need and/or life circumstance for which you think an alternative, self-paced learning environment might better serve you?
- Are you committed to earning your high school diploma?
If you answered yes to all of these questions, you may be a good candidate for New Hope. If you or your parents would like more information about New Hope, please contact your high school guidance counselor or New Hope High School.
New Hope High School Application Process:
An eligible LISD student may pick up an application from a home campus counselor or download an application from the NHHS website.
the student should complete the first page of the application and compose the requested essay. The essay is an opportunity for the student to share information and often includes what is currently happening with their academic and social life at school; their home, personal, and work life; as well as their future goals for education and career.
The next step is dependent on when the application is being submitted.
During the school year: The application should be turned in to student’s home campus counselor who will facilitate completion of the second page of the application and then send the application to New Hope High School.
During summer months: The application, which will have only the first page and essay completed, should be mailed directly to New Hope HS at the following address: New Hope High School, P.O. Box 218,Leander, TX 78646. Additionally, applications may be scanned and emailed to the registrar at Kelly Middleton or faxed to (512) 570-2204.
Once the application has been received and processed at New Hope, eligible applicants will be contacted to schedule an interview at New Hope High School, with New Hope High School's principal or guidance counselor.