Successful New Hope students are in attendance each day. If students want to reach their goal of graduating "on time", "with their class" or "early", then they must be here each day, making progress in coursework.
Attendance information borrowed from the Leander ISD High School Handbook 21-22.
Regular school attendance is essential for a student to make the most of his or her education – to benefit from teacher
– led school activities, to build each day’s learning on the previous day’s, and to grow as an individual. Absences from
class may result in serious disruption of a student’s mastery of instructional materials; therefore, the student and
parent should make every effort to avoid unnecessary absences. Two state laws - one dealing with compulsory
attendance, the other with the attendance for course credit – are of special interest to students and parents. They are
listed below under Compulsory School Attendance Laws and Attendance for Class Credit or Final Grade.
Home Access Center (HAC)
Leander ISD has a useful tool to help parents and students track their attendance and grades. The HAC program
allows parents an opportunity to view this information online. The HAC link can be found on every page of the District
website www.leanderisd.org under the “Quick Links” section. In addition, parents will be notified when their child is
absent through the District’s communication system. As a parent of a student in Leander ISD, you are already a part of
the communication system, so there is no need to subscribe. If you need to correct your contact information, please
use the returning student registration tool, or contact your child’s campus registrar with the updated information.
Campus Truancy Prevention Measures to Improve Attendance
Campuses provide a multitude of Truancy Prevention Measures to improve student attendance prior to a referral to a
truancy court. These steps may include, but are not limited to:
1. Daily attendance calls and/or emails when students are absent.
2. Alerts sent through the LISD student information system.
3. Attendance warning letters for excessive unverified/unexcused and excessive excused absences.
4. Invitation to Truancy Prevention Session.
5. Referral to school and community resources.
6. Notification of hours owed to regain credit.
7. Attendance Behavior Improvement Plan (ABIP).
For all of Leander ISD's Attendance Rules go here.